Pipers for Weddings
Your Piper can play as much or as little as you wish. Here are some suggestions as to what one of our Pipers can do for you on your special day. REMEMBER any other requests are welcome. It's YOUR day and we want to help make your dream wedding a reality.
Your Piper can play:
- for guests arriving before the ceremony.
- for the arrival of the Bride and Bridal Party.
- the Bride into the ceremony.
- the Bride and Bridesmaids down the aisle.
- during the signing of the register.
- the Bride and Groom back up the aisle.
- the Newly-weds out of the ceremony.
- as background music for the official photographs.
- to welcome guests into the reception venue.
- the Bride and Groom to the Top Table.
- for the cutting of the cake and to toast the happy couple.
- arrival of guests to the evening reception.
- for the first dance.
Pipers for Funerals
Our Pipers are highly experienced and sensitive to what can be a very sad occasion, they will always listen and honour specific requirements and aim to give your loved one the best possible tribute they can. Here are some suggestions as to what our Pipers can do for you.
Your Piper can play:
- as the congregation arrives for the service.
- for the arrival of the hearse at the crematorium/church.
- while the coffin is removed from the hearse and lead it into the crematorium/church.
- when the curtain is drawn.
- at the end of the service as people leave the crematorium/church.
- the coffin to the hearse after the service.
- as the coffin is lowered into the grave.
- after the coffin has been lowered with the sound of the pipes fading into the background.
Pipers for Burns Suppers
No Burns Supper would be complete without a Piper to pipe in the haggis.
The 25th of January is the official day that Scots celebrate the life and works of the great 18th Century people's poet, Rabbie Burns. Burns Suppers can start from as early as mid January and continue right through to the first few weeks of February. A Piper is an absolute must!
It is tradition that the Piper will:
- lead the haggis into the room playing "A Man's A Man for A' That" (Burn's song).
- lead the Haggis out of the room.
Some other suggestions as to what one of our Pipers can do for you:
- play a selection of Burns/other tunes before the meal is served.
- play a selection of Burns/other tunes after the meal is served.
Pipers for Birthday, Anniversary and Engagement Parties
Having a Piper present at a party can be a wonderful surprise and gives a sense of importance to the occasion. It's a great gift for that person/couple who have everything!
Our Pipers support various charities including CHAS, Sick Kids, Marie Curie and Breast Cancer Awareness. If you require a Piper for your charitable event please contact us to see what we can offer.
Please contact us with the details of your event. We will be happy to discuss and advise.
Prices are based on the type of the event, distance and attendance time.
Please contact us for a very competitive quote. Please also bear in mind when shopping around that cheapest isn't always the best. An inexperienced or bad player could ruin your event and that may be all that your guests remember about your big day. You are guaranteed the personal services of a professional and experienced Highland Piper if you book your Piper with us.
When contacting us for a quote, please give full contact details, and any other relevant information such as the date, time, location and any particular requirements you may have, where possible.
To discuss your requirements or ideas with us please contact us
We would like to give a big thank you to Jan. He was truly excellent - a calm and thoroughly professional advisor on the music and the how/where/when issues.
Tim & Louise (Married at Stirling Castle )
I recently booked Leighann for my daughter's wedding. Leighann's playing was excellent and an important part of making a special day even more so. Leighann was also extremely obliging and helpful regarding our arrangements on the day and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend her for any occasion
Kenny Sharkey (Prestonfield Hotel)
Thank you very much for making our day extra special, your professionalism and piping were second to none. We will not hesitate in recommending you to anyone looking for a piper.
Paula & Chris (Married South Queensferry)
I can absolutely recommend these guys. I booked a piper with them for my brothers birthday they did an excellent job, perfect. They even played a little longer than agreed as a few of my guests had been delayed (in the pouring rain!). Superb value too." - Lynne (50th Birthday Party)
We required a piper at short notice to perform at a charity event organised by staff within the City of Edinburgh Council. We contacted Leighann and she duly obliged performing to a high standard all of which helped ensure that the event was a complete success"
Toby McDonald (City of Edinburgh Council)